So I am getting to that point when I really contemplating weaning Kate off the breast. I throw the pros and cons around all the time. Breastfeeding came extremely easy to both Kate and I, when were in the hospital, they kept saying "Kate is nursing unusually well", what is getting to me now is the pumping and the engorgement every 2 hours. Kate really only likes to eat off one side, so that means if she doesn't eat well on one side, then I have to pump the rest out or I will be so sore. Doesn't sound bad???......try doing that at 4:00 in the morning! Kate is also likes to nurse a lot in the afternoon when we get home. It's like she is trying to catch up on missing out in the morning! She is doing much better on a bottle, which is great because I have started giving her 3 oz of formula at night to help her sleep! Another con, they all say breast feeding is great for weight loss....at first YES! But now, my weight loss has come to halt, I have about 5 to 7 lbs to go and I can't get there because I still have to keep my calories up in order to produce milk.
So thinking about all the cons of breastfeeding..........the pro's pretty much out weigh the cons! Hello.........have you seen the price of formula!!!!!!!!!!! I had a sample can I was using for her at night and ran out, so headed to target to grab another and about died when I saw it was $23.99 for a freakin can! If I put her on formula we would spend close to $80 a month on formula alone....all of sudden the breasts were looking real good!!!
Kate........you are a lucky girl!!




No comments:
Post a Comment