Monday, February 15, 2010

Shot aftermath



Saturday morning when I Kate woke up, I noticed that she was burning up.....now I knew she would run fever after the shots, but she just was not right. I said well maybe she was just warm from being cuddled up so I started to nursed her and she was just not cooling off. I woke Patrick up and told him what was going on and to help me take her temp ( the Doc's office only accepts rectal temps) so we took it and it shot up to 101 immediately and then was not stopping, it was scaring the crap out of me. It finally stopped at 102.6 so I decided to call the Doctor. It was taking awhile for the on call Doc to call back so we called Jane Riley. She said that yes 102.6 was a little high for shot temp, we should strip her down and give Motrin and just watch her all day making sure it doesn't get any higher. I felt so bad for her..........I mean she is just a happy baby and has stayed so well this winter and then bam........she gets shots and feels like crap!
Stripped down!


fell asleep with Daddy....

2 comments:

  1. that is the saddest face I have ever seen. If they do that to her again, they are going to have to face the wrath of the Papa and Nana.

    ReplyDelete