Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Patricks Party!

Yes! I am the greatest ...I pulled off a surprise party for Patrick! It was great.....he was totally shocked and was so excited. I am not usually very good with keeping things from him, but I really wanted to do this. His Birthday is not until Dec 11th, but since the baby is on her way I knew that we would have to do it early. I thought that doing it on Thanksgiving weekend would be good because his out of town friends would already be here. When Patrick knows that all his old high school friends are in town he is determined to hang out as much as possible. I knew this and had contacted them early and made sure that they told him that there was no way they could hang out on Saturday.

Luke asked us to dinner on Tuesday before, he said that he and Katie wanted to take us to a nice dinner before the baby arrives....he fell for it!

So as I was expecting from Wednesday on.... Patrick was calling all his friends...going out and inviting as many of them to our house as possible. By Friday night I was exhausted.....and hoping he would be too, but no......he insisted we have people over for dinner. I so badly wanted to tell him that he was going to see EVERYONE the next night, but I did not and said of course we can have them all over for dinner.

I had rented out the bar area at The Republic...a steak/whiskey bar here in town. We had the whole bar area and then I just did heavy appetizers. Everyone was to be there by 6:45 and we would show up at 7:15. Saturday finally came around...I took Patrick lunch at work and when I got there he informed me that he had already looked at the menu online and knew exactly what he wanted to order, I just smiled and said sounds good babe.
Luke and Katie got to the house about 7:00 and we loaded and headed out. I texted Danielle and let her know we were on the way....when we got there we came around the corner and there all his friends were....he was completely surprised.....






I couldn't have done it with out help from Danielle Fifer! She did so much for me and helped keep my sanaity at times too!!! She is a wonderful friend and I appreciate all that she did and so thankful for her!!!!!!!

Thanks to all his friends who helped with the secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment