Friday, July 31, 2009

Daddy's about to be outnumbered!

It's a GIRL!!
We are so excited and shocked! Here is the story............

So yesterday was one of the craziest days ever. My appoitment was scheduled at 4:00, I was to leave work at 3:30. Of course a Chemical Plant here in Bryan had to explode and the entire city was asked to evacaute. I was so upset thinking my Doc's office was closed, so when I called and they said it was still open. Since we are a school, we had to close down, so as fast as I could (with no assistant, or office manager) I had some teachers come in and help me get a list of kids and call parents since we had to close. I left just in time to make it there! When we got there, the sono-tech girl had to leave to get her children from school, but they said she would be back. We waited, waited and waited. Finally one of the nurses came and said to go ahead and see the Doctor. I thought the sono-tech lady was just not going to make it back and I started to get a little upset. While we were seeing the Doc, (it was about 4:40 by this point) a nurse stepped in the room and said she is here!! YEAH!!

So we head down there and might I tell you I was about to wet my pants, but they told me its much better to have a full bladder! I lay down and pull my beautiful panel pants down so she can get to my stomach. She starts to check the babies parts, first she measures the head, and looks at brain development. Patrick asked if the baby looked smart...we all got a laugh out of that. She said the brain and head look great. Then she checked the tummy, and thigh bones.....finally she said she was making it around to the bottom. She had to get the pic up underneath the baby. Patrick said like you are looking under her skirt...funny but good point!

Finally she said Oh my are you ready.................ITS A GIRL!!! And sure enough there is nothing in between those legs! We were like WHAT....then explained to her that the Doc told us there was a %70 of a boy on our first sono! But all in all.....we could not be happier, we are going to have a beautiful, healthy and smart little girl! I hope she comes out looking just like her Daddy, it will make his heart melt even more!

Sono pics coming soon..................

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Whit!! I can't wait to meet her... she will be precious!

    POST MORE BELLY PICS!! (please?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for both of you...just think of all the frilly things you can buy for a little girl..I should say we are both happy..Betty

    ReplyDelete