Wednesday, December 4, 2013

1 year ago

On this day 1 year ago, Patrick and I were frantically driving to Texas Children's in Houston. Driving 90 miles an hour with our flashers on terrified of what was wrong with Jack. I can't believe its been a year, some moments from our stay there still haunt my mind and memory like it was yesterday.  I still have a very hard time looking at pictures of Jack in the early months, I can't help but wonder if he was in pain and he was just dealing with it, and we had no idea.  Not sure if those thoughts and fears will ever go away.  The whole situation changed me so much, as a wife, person and especially a mother. I also learned a lot about my faith, and believe even more in the power of prayer and finding strength in God.
I remember one day I was heading down to the cafeteria and was in the elevator when an older woman stepped on with a bag from Victoria secret and she said...... had to go get my daughter some hospital "mom" clothes, they are in here for the long haul, I said yes mam' as I pointed to my attire. She was in the beginning of her journey and I just hurt for her as well.  I am so thankful  Texas Children's is where we were, because I knew he was with the best! Jack had 2 teams of doctors helping him and I am thankful for them everyday.  
Update on Jack: we go back in February for another VCUG test to see how his Kidney's and Bladder are doing, we think from the last test, that there was probably one kidney that got the brunt of it all, which is better then both. When you get a sono of your bladder, they want to see clean smooth lines, but his were still not there, so we hope and pray when we go in Feb, we will see big improvements.  Jack is still on a low potassium diet and we check his blood every 2 months now to get his numbers. Looking at him, you would never know he was so sick, he is the happiest, sweetest boy:) I thank God everyday for him and still know that my boy has angels watching over him!




No comments:

Post a Comment