So Kate had her 6 month check up this past Friday. Doctor Sullivan said Kate is a healthy little girl and is VERY impressed that she can already sit up and get on all 4's!! Just when we thought our little girl was so advanced (I hate when parents tell me this) she started eating paper off the table!! Dr. Sullivan asked me if she was sleeping through the night and I said....well not quite! Kate still wakes up at 3 for a small snack.....then I was told that little Miss Priss has trained ME!! WHAT!! I can't have my 6 month old already training me, we have plenty of years of that to come! So she gave me some advice.........
1. feed her and put her to bed awake
2. when she cry's at night, go in to make sure she is ok and then let her be....if she doesn't relax in 15 to 20 minutes, go back and pat her. (easier said then done)
So she said when Momma is ready we can try it out, well last night I gave Kate 3 oz of formula and then let her breastfeed. I popped her off before she could fall asleep and put her in her crib. She looked at me like "what the hell lady, I wasn't finished" She did not cry at first, just lay there calmly and then about 5 minutes later, she began to fuss, but that passed very soon and she fell right asleep!!!!!!!!!! I woke up at 4 a.m. soaking wet, so I had to go change and then pump because I hurt so bad. 7 o'clock rolled around and I went in her room and there was my sweet girl awake and talking, she gave me the biggest smile, I think she knew how good she did!!
To be continued............
Here are her stats:
Weight: 16.6 oz
Height: 25.75 (I personally think they mis-measured her)
Head....well it was normal, can't remember the measurements
Love you Kate......
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment