Saturday, June 1, 2013

This too shall pass and I shall not be overcome by it.......

      My Nonnie lived by those words, she went through so much in her life and she told me that saying those words helped her overcome hard times.  When I was 17 and was losing my hair, she wrote me the sweetest letter and in the end she said, "this too shall pass" when I was 17 and bald those words sunk in deep and soon I realized that it indeed passed, and I was a stronger woman because of it.
So throughout my life I have lived by this.  She died one week before Jack was born, she had her girls by her side and though I could not go because I was 39 weeks pregnant, I sat outside, watched my 2 year old play and said over and over "this too shall pass....and I shall not be overcome by it"
      I know she was there the day he was born and I know she gave him all her strength.  She was a fighter too....and now so is Jack. When Jack was in the hospital and I was losing it, I would all of sudden have these moments of calmness, it was her, telling me Whitney Nelle.......this too shall pass and you shall not be overcome by it.  I remember talking to my mom and she said Aunt Carol called her and said Nonnie's not going to let anything happen to that boy! I believe with all my heart she is Jack's angel, she will conintue to give me "moments of calmness in the storm" I love and miss her so much, so..........with all this said, I decided to do something crazy and bring my sisters in on it too......





I love how my Nonnie's words not only live in me, but on me too:) and the best part, that is her actual signature! 




1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Whit! What an awesome lady she must have been -- and such a cool way to remind yourself she is always with you and Jack!

    Hope ya'll are having a good summer....Miss you guys!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete