Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jules Wedding

This past weekend, Patrick and I made it to Dallas for Jules wedding. Julie is a good friend of mine from College, so this wedding was like a college reunion and boy was it fun!
I have been so excited for this wedding, I bought two new dresses and then decided to get spray-tanned before hand, so I would look good in these two new dresses.....I had done this before my wedding and it turned out great and lasted for about 7 days. So I made my appointment on Thursday evening.....well I woke up and I was covered head to toe and a rash!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I about died, but thought surely it would be gone by Saturday......Patrick and I headed in to Ft. Worth on Friday afternoon, we only had time to drop off Kate and get ready then head on to Dallas for the rehearsal dinner! We made it just in time to see the ending of the rehearsal and head on to dinner. We ate at a fabulous Italian place and head the best time catching up with everyone.

We woke up early on Saturday morning and my rash was even worse!!!!! I almost started to cry, I said Mom.... I can not make it to the wedding looking like this! She said I needed to go down the street to the new clinic and see what they say. Meesh jumped in the car with me and we headed down there and they ended up giving me a steroid shot! Meesh and I headed to Dallas about 1:00 and it was looking sooooo much better! Jules wedding was beautiful and so much fun! It was my first over-nighter from Kate! I can not tell you how much fun Patrick and I had! We got up early Sunday morning, had breakfast with Meesh and Randall and then headed back to see our girl! Oh yeah and my rash was back in full force!!!!! We ended up staying Sunday night, because we were all soooo tired and well I wanted more time with Em and the kids, since after this trip, it might be awhile before we all see each other again!

On Monday I decided it was time to go back to the doc and figure this rash out..........he prescribed me a cream and now it is Thursday (one week later) and the damn thing is finally fading away!!! So here is the break down of $$$$ I spent on a spray tan.

Spray tan: $40
Clinic visit:$25
Doc visit in Bryan: $25
Cream:80
Total: $170

Do you know what I could have done with $170!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So not worth it and so not doing that EVER again, but Jules wedding and being with all my old friends was so worth it!! Love you girls to pieces!! Here are pics from the weekend!



Cheese Puffs and Beer....doesn't get better then that!






The Happy couple!


Laura and me





This is a great pic, except my hair looks like crap.....thank you Dallas humidity!!!!!!



Meesh and Me











1 comment:

  1. you've got to be kidding me!!! at least it wasnt bad for the wedding. i loved seeing you and patrick. and one more thing, if that baby gets any cuter, i am going to have to eat her up. i mean, seriously!

    ReplyDelete